[A2k] US [NOT] Proposing to Eliminate Secondary Liability from ACTA

Sean Flynn sflynn at wcl.american.edu
Fri Aug 27 12:23:04 PDT 2010

Here is my read on the latest ACTA news from Inside US Trade today.

Quote freely, correct at will.

SNIP

According to Inside U.S. Trade (August 27, 2010), the U.S. has adopted
"a major policy shift" and "proposed removing controversial language
from the Anticounterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) that would have
required signatories to impose secondary liability on Internet firms for
intellectual property rights infringements by individuals." On closer
read of the ACTA text as we know it,  the truth may be that secondary
liability is not going away at all.

http://www.wcl.american.edu/pijip/go/blog-post/us-not-proposing-to-elimi
nate-secondary-liability-from-acta

Sean Flynn

Associate Director

Program on Information Justice and Intellectual Property

American University Washington College of Law

202 274 4157

www.pijip.org