[A2k] R4D's Latest assessment Pooled Funds: Assessing new approaches for global health R&D financing

Ben Thomas bthomas at resultsfordevelopment.org
Fri Dec 3 12:06:28 PST 2010

    Email not displaying correctly? View it in your
browser.<http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=6c3212a6ca42b75aaead60ceb&id=91ae289791&e=>
  [image: Results for Development Institute - Innovative Ideas, Catalytic
Action]
   Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I would like to invite your feedback on the consultation draft of R4D’s
Center for Global Health R&D Policy Assessment report, “*Pooled Funds:
Assessing new approaches for global health R&D financing*".

In this draft report, we examine the three leading pooled funding
proposals:  the Industry R&D Facilitation Fund (IRFF), the Fund for Research
in Neglected Diseases (FRIND), and the Product Development Partnership
Financing Facility (PDP-FF).

Our analysis centers on two principle questions:   can a pooled fund help
improve funding flows to global health R&D projects and can it bring new
funders to the table?

This consultation draft assesses whether these proposals are likely to
improve R&D for global health and what important design concerns lie ahead.
As with all of our draft assessments, the Center values the insights and
critiques of all members of the policy community.  This consultation draft
of the pooled funding assessment will be available for public comment until
*December 14, 2010*.

Your feedback is critical to our assessment process, and we invite you to
post your thoughts to this website. You are also welcome to send a more
detailed response to the authors at
policyassessment at resultsfordevelopment.org

Best regards,

Rob Hecht