[A2k] Status of ACTA

Heesob Nam hurips at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 09:24:04 PDT 2010

Korea is going to sign the final text of ACTA whatever changes are agreed
upon between the EU and the US. There is no plan to hear a public opinion.

Around two weeks ago, I heard from a senior official of the Korean
government, who is in charge of the ACTA negotiation, that the Korean
government will proceed to get a ratification from the National Assembly.
This is a big shift from their previous stance. They justified their
participation of ACTA talk on the grounds that the ratification of the
US-Korea FTA is a precondition of signing ACTA, meaning no US-Korea FTA, no
ACTA in Korea.

Heesob
IPLeft