[A2k] Question on excesive pricing as abuse of copyright

John Howkins john at johnhowkins.com
Sun Apr 17 15:28:17 PDT 2011

In the EU, such cases would be be usually treated under competition law not
copyright law but a verdict that an action was "abusive"  could certainly
lead to compulsory licensing; it's been fairly common in cable
retransmissions and also in pay-TV and especially in sports rights on
pay-TV.  Sorry I don't have the details.
John