[A2k] Question on excesive pricing as abuse of copyright

Jamie Love james.love at keionline.org
Mon Apr 18 15:46:00 PDT 2011

In 1996, I was part of a group that requested and obtained a
compulsory license on West Publishing, in part for refusal to license
citations to Hyperlaw, a small firm publishing CD-Roms with court
opinions.  See the Federal Register Notice here:

http://www.cptech.org/ip/health/cl/west-1996.html

In 1997, I worked with Ralph Nader to push for an antitrust case
against Microsoft.   The court approved and supervised remedy in the
case involved compulsory license of software protocols as well as
compulsory licensing of the OS to OEMs.    Some background on this is
available here:

http://www.cptech.org/at/ms/rnjl2kollarkotellynov501.html
http://www.cptech.org/ms/