[A2k] International Open Letter on Brazil's Cultural Policy to President Dilma Rousseff

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 09:18:54 PST 2011

Dear all,

this is a* proposal to launch this week here in Dakar, Senegal, an
International Open Letter to Brazil's President Dilma Rousseff on the
possible rollback in Brazil's cultural policy. *
The Commons Strategies Group (www.commonsstrategies.org) and some colleagues
(especially Frédéric, Miguel, Volker and Carolina) cordially invite all of
you, international civil society organizations, artists, creators or
scientists *to undersign the letter*.

Many thanks to all those who have contributed to put the information
together. For those who need some more information, one of the many valuable
sources is Volker Grassmuck's Website:
- the voice of Brazil's civil society (we support by this letter)
http://www.vgrass.de/?p=638
- background information
http://www.vgrass.de/?p=611

*Please help us to make this a small but powerful initiative by sending a
short e-mail to your respective e-mail list and to*
Silke.Helfrich at gmx.de (Commons Strategies Group) until
*Thursday February 10 at 9 a.m. Central European Time*

The only reason for the short delay is the following: We just found out,
that we have a wounderfull opportunity to launch the letter with the first
signatures here at the World Social Forum in Dakar. Support to spread the
word was offered by brazilian communication organizations.

We tried to find a quit positive, supportive wording for the claim of
Brazil's CSOs and even though, we are totally aware of the fact, that some
important issues may have been left out, we hope you  join the initiative by
your signature!
The idea is to launch the discussion, each of us can then pick up the
left-out issues and add own initiatives, further open letters, articles and
so on.

All the best

Silke

--