[A2k] WBU suspends participation in WIPO & EU Stakeholder discussions, pending agreement at WIPO on legal framework

James Love jamie at keionline.org
Sun Feb 27 13:39:18 PST 2011

The following is a link to our blog on the WBU announcement.

http://keionline.org/node/1082

The blog includes this comment on the WBU decision:

KEI welcomes the WBU suspension of its participation in the WIPO and EU
Stakeholder projects. In our opinion, the publishers have used the private
stakeholder discussions to undermine work on a treaty, and to shrink the
rights of persons with disabilities. Now scarce time, attention, resources
and ambitions can be focused on the more important historic effort to
obtain a treaty to protect the rights of persons with disabilities.

--
James Love, Knowledge Ecology International
http://www.keionline.org
james.love at keionline.org
Mobile +1.202.361.3040, Tel +1.202.332.2670