[A2k] Brazilian Ministry of Culture removes Creative Commons licenses from its website

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 10:11:47 PST 2011

The works developed by the Brazilian gov are not in public domain (as
happens in USA), so  to clarify the status is important.

It was a real victory when they adopted CC, since before that was "all
rights reserved". The lack of CC or a clear license creates  lots of legal
confusion...plus leave the users in a gray area in regard to the material
that was under the license before (since they did not explain any transition
issues, or separated what was affected by the license in effect since 2003,
and what happens now 2011 forward).

So, I have to completely disagree with you Heather (as would anybody from
the Brazilian civil society groups engaged in a clear A2K policy in Brazil)

C .

--
*Carolina Rossini*
Coordinator: OER-Brazil