[A2k] SCCR 22: Statement of International Video Federation on VIP

Thirukumaran Balasubramaniam thiru at keionline.org
Fri Jun 17 13:19:08 PDT 2011

IVF STATEMENT ON VIP AT SCCR 22

The International Video Federation (IVF) represents producers and publishers of audiovisual works around the world including major companies and SMEs.

We congratulate the Chair and the Vice‐Chairs on their election and thank Jukka Liedes for his long‐standing dedicated services. IVF supports a pragmatic solution to increase the availability of  books in specialized formats for print disabled persons in the developing world. We appreciate the dedication of countries trying to come closer on a text for an international instrument on this important issue. In order to succeed, these efforts must truly focus on improved access by reading disabled persons and we stand ready to lend our support to an international instrument that is consistent with existing WIPO treaties.

We will elaborate our position and speak to other agenda items in due course when given the opportunity. Thank you, Mr. Chairman.

Thiru Balasubramaniam
Geneva Representative
Knowledge Ecology International (KEI)

thiru at keionline.org