[A2k] Section 205 of HR 3261, the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)

James Losey losey at newamerica.net
Tue Nov 8 10:47:03 PST 2011

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for sending. SOPA, as well as provisions in the Protect IP Act, is
very troubling. Beyond creating a new bureaucracy, SOPA creates a private
right of action that undermines safe harbor in DCMA, which can pressure
websites to monitor users and self-censure.

I've been working on a letter addressing a number of concerns, please send
me an email if you would like to be involved.

Best,