[A2k] Sao Paulo city adopts OER law

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 15:06:03 PDT 2011

Hi all!

Great news on OER-Brazil this week !

Here it is (in Portuguese), the Decree published by Sao Paulo city

http://rea.net.br/2011/10/03/decreto-sobre-rea-em-vigor-em-sao-paulo/

It says that all the educational resources bought by the city need to be OER
(CC-BY-NC-SA...) (we've recommended CC-BY,  or max... CC-BY-NC, due to the
limited interoperability of CC-BY-NC-SA.... but that was a political
decision)

It also regulates the administration contracts, saying they shall bring a
clause allowing all resources to be published under a open license.

And here the oficial press-release from the Secretary:  (portuguese)

http://portalsme.prefeitura.sp.gov.br/anonimosistema/detalhe.aspx?List=Lists/Home&IDMateria=910&KeyField=Arquivo%20de%20Not%C3%ADcias

I will soon post more...there is more to come this week! :-)

Best,

Carol

--

*Carolina Rossini*