[A2k] “Destroy the Internet, Corresponding Jobs Created by Entrepreneurship Around The Internet, and Restrict Freedom of Speech" Bill (Brad Feld)

Manon Ress manon.ress at keionline.org
Mon Oct 31 10:27:00 PDT 2011

quote:
Brad Feld is horrified:
    The bills – like many in Congress – are misleadingly named. ...
I’d encourage Congress to rename both of these bills the “Destroy the
Internet, Corresponding Jobs Created by Entrepreneurship Around The
Internet, and Restrict Freedom of Speech” Act. I’m not being dramatic
– these are horrifyingly bad.
    While I recognize the lobbyists behind these bills – and the
companies behind the lobbyist – are pouring in tons of money to try to
get these bills [passed], hopefully our representatives are strong
thinkers who can’t simply be bought.
END of QUOTE
SCARY: Protect IP and E-Parasites bills terrify techies
http://blogs.computerworld.com/19177/scary_protect_ip_and_e_parasites_bills_terrify_techies?source=rss_blogs

Also scary the "death Penalty Bill" story here:
Copyright bill revives Internet 'death penalty' by Declan McCullagh
October 26, 2011
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20126165-281/copyright-bill-revives-internet-death-penalty/

--
Manon Anne Ress