[A2k] Protest against Amazon NOT accessible e-readers

Manon Ress manon.ress at keionline.org
Thu Dec 6 06:03:13 PST 2012

Amazon.com is undertaking a massive effort to deploy its NOT
accessible Kindle e-readers and Kindle e-books to K-12 schools across
the United States.  In some cases Kindle devices have been donated
directly to schools, including schools that serve children who are
blind or have other disabilities.

Amazon must either make Kindle e-books accessible or cease and desist
from its efforts to have them used in the classroom.

On Wednesday, December 12, 2012, we will be holding an informational
protest, regarding the distribution of inaccessible Kindle e-books in
K-12 schools, outside of Amazon Headquarters in Seattle, Washington.
We will be delivering letters from blind students, parents, and
friends to Mr. Bezos, the founder and CEO of Amazon, as part of the
protest.  You are urged to send these letters to Chris Danielsen
(Cdanielsen at nfb.org) at the Jernigan Institute.  You are also urged to
send us a YouTube video of the student reading the letter. Template
letters for this process are available in the section below. Further
logistical details of the protest are below.

MORE HERE:

https://nfb.org/kindle-books

--
Manon Ress