[A2k] Greens/EFA commissioned M-CAM report: "Preliminary Report on Questionable Outputs from the European Patent Office: EPO Strains on EPC Articles 52 and 53"

Erik Josefsson erik.hjalmar.josefsson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 11:02:26 PST 2012

Hello,

Just a short note on a preliminary report we've commissioned that came
up today:

    *Preliminary Report on Questionable Outputs from the European Patent
    Office: EPO Strains on EPC Articles 52 and 53**
    *http://icg.greens-efa.eu/pipermail/hub/attachments/20121228/57a1e0bd/attachment-0001.pdf

Here's my tweet: https://twitter.com/erikjosefsson/status/284731832602345472

And here's M-CAM's announcement mail:
http://icg.greens-efa.eu/pipermail/hub/2012-December/000029.html

Class 800 breaches of Art 53 are maybe even more interesting than those
of Class 705/Art 52 (which we kind of knew already, one-click et al):

    Class 800 - MULTICELLULAR LIVING ORGANISMS AND UNMODIFIED PARTS
    THEREOF AND RELATED PROCESSES.

    Total USPTO Issuance: *10010*
    Total EPO Equivalent Outputs: *4026*

Best regards.

//Erik

Full mail below:

***********************************

Greetings,

M?CAM, Inc. has been tasked by The Greens | EFA in the European
Parliament to analyze, on a preliminary basis, certain outputs of the
European Patent Office (EPO) that may be problematic in the context of
the patentability standards of the European Patent Convention (EPC),
Articles 52 and 53.

Accordingly, I am attaching the Preliminary Report on that matter.
 Please contact me with comments or questions.  Thank you very much indeed.

Best regards,

*David J. Pratt*

*President*

*M.CAM, Inc.*