[A2k] Erica Perez: Do Students Have Copyright to Their Own Notes?

Sherwin Siy ssiy at publicknowledge.org
Tue Feb 7 07:31:55 PST 2012

Copyright isn't the only issue, though. Students could own the copyright
and still be prohibited via an honor code or contractual agreement. That
doesn't make it a good policy, of course.

Posting lecture notes also raises the question of the role of the lecture.
Lecturers may be worried that no one will show up if their notes are
online. Of course, that needn't be the case if the lecture provides
something the notes don't. Usually, that's interaction with the students.

sent from my mobile