[A2k] ACTA: Another not existing European Parliament document surfaces

Ante ante at ffii.org
Wed Jul 25 07:24:54 PDT 2012

ACTA: Another not existing European Parliament document surfaces
http://acta.ffii.org/?p=1631
with links

July 25, 2012
By Ante

On February 1, 2012, I filed a maladministration complaint against the
European Parliament for systematically lying about the existence of documents.

The complaint attracted attention from Members of the Parliament. Daniel Cohn-
Bendit & Rebecca Harms, Co-Presidents Greens/EFA Group in the European
Parliament wrote to Mr Martin Schulz, President of the European Parliament, to
ask him to fully cooperate.

The European Ombudsman reformulated my complaint to: “Parliament fails to
register all existing Parliament documents in its electronic Register of
documents.”

The Parliament sent its opinion on the complaint to the Ombudsman on 31 May.
(pdf) In its answer the Parliament states it does indeed exclude ephemeral or
transitory documents.

Today I sent the Ombudsman my observations on the Parliament’s opinion. I
state that I understand that the Parliament does not register ephemeral or
transitory documents. But many more documents than ephemeral or transitory
documents are not covered by the Register.

As an example I refer to Legal Affairs committee coordinators’ minutes that
according to the Parliament do not exist, but did leak to Erich Moechel’s
website. (pdf)

For the complaint, see below or the pdf.

more:
http://acta.ffii.org/?p=1631