[A2k] Internet Freedom vs ACTA

Andrew Rens andrewrens at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 09:07:07 PDT 2012

Hi

I'd like to hear from people on the list whether there are positive
Internet Freedom initiatives both globally and in Europe which could
function as a counter to ACTA, especially if its ratification is delayed in
Europe pending one or more ECJ opinions.

I am interested in hearing about all kinds of norm setting, from
declarations to EU Directives, obviously the stronger the legal force of
the norm the better.

Is there any effort to channel opposition to ACTA into positive measures
that render one or more of its provisions nugatory even if it survives ECJ
scrutiny?

thanks

--
Andrew Rens