[A2k] Claudia Frittelli: African Universities: Ready for the Cloud?

Seth Johnson seth.p.johnson at gmail.com
Tue May 22 15:37:04 PDT 2012

Right, and this is where the free software community can provide the
ready-made constituency coupled with technical savvy that's needed to
claim the Net as the fundamentally P2P medium that it is.  Those Jay
Sulzberger calls the "Englobulators" want us to debate policy based on
the putting our data on other people's servers -- "the cloud" -- as
that 1) neutralizes the advocates, notably the privacy advocates, and
2) in general, allows policy to be developed prior to end users
getting a clue en masse.  c.f. all Eben Moglen's recent speeches,
including the latest I'm waiting for a video to be available for, one
he gave today at David Isenberg's annual Freedom-To-Connect
conference.

Seth