[A2k] ICT Law Review - information

Teresa Hackett (eIFL) teresa.hackett at eifl.net
Fri Nov 9 03:41:20 PST 2012

On behalf of Beata Marek <beata.marek at cyberlaw.pl>

Begin forwarded message:

Year 2011 was the date when, by courtesy of the Dean of the Faculty of Law and Administration of Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, Poland, a new students' initiative was launched. The result of the initiative is a quarterly - ICT Law Review.

Although the idea of the ICT Law Review originated in students'; environment, we would like to invite each and every academic as well as practitioner to submit their papers. We believe that successful cooperation between students, scholars and practitioners is able to create favorable opportunities for the exchange of ideas. The idea of ICT Law Review fits perfectly in the frames of cognitive society where ideas and information stimulate constant development of the society.

Our quarterly is an interdisciplinary project dealing with new technologies and their impact on our society. The field of our interests includes the following issues:
- cybercrime and cyberterrorism,
- copyrights in digital era,
- current trends in information forensics,
- social media law,
- personal data,
- mobile services security,
- e-banking,
- telecommunications law,
- privacy protection, and
- biometrics.

Our aim is to show a wide spectrum of the above subjects because we believe that every phenomenon is multi-faced; therefore, only holistic evaluation can lead to constructive conclusions and bring about improvement in the current state of legislation as well as understanding of new phenomena. Thus, we are mostly interested in legal, economic as well as IT perspective on the above subjects, but any other point of view would be welcome as well.

For we wish to share achievements of our contributors with the society and promote the idea of free education, ICT Law Review functions on the Open Access basis and the papers are published in the form of an electronic document access to which is provided unrestrictedly through the Internet. The works published in our quarterly are published under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

Should you be interested in any of the above issues and willing to share your perspective with the society, do not hesitate to contact our Editorial Board at: ictlaw at umk.pl. Should any further assistance be needed, contact us directly at the above email address or see our website: http://www.ictlaw.umk.pl/.

Yours sincerely,
Beata Marek
Daria Gęsicka
Szymon Ludwiczak
The Editorial Board of the ICT Law Review