[A2k] How the thermonuclear patent war would explode in Europe with the unitary patent

"Gérald Sédrati-Dinet (Gibus)" gibus at april.org
Wed Oct 10 12:54:20 PDT 2012

For a couple of years, patents have hit the headlines with companies
struggling to buy out portfolios of bankrupted competitors, with more
and more ridiculous obvious patents granted by patent offices, or with
“trials of the century” going on and on. This inflation of concerns
around patents has culminated on August 24th, 2012, with Samsung being
found liable for infringing some of Apple's mobile patents by a
Californian jury. This over one billion dollars fine has given concrete
expression to Steve Jobs' testimony, as laid down in his posthumous
biography: “I’m going to destroy Android, because it’s a stolen product,
I’m willing to go thermonuclear war on this.”

I've just published an article on
<https://www.unitary-patent.eu/content/how-thermonuclear-patent-war-would-explode-europe-unitary-patent>.
Its purpose is to show with a particular Apple's software patent, which
was recently successfully enforced before a German court, how such a
thermonuclear patent war is threaten to explode in Europe, would the
current project about a unitary patent be adopted.
--
Gérald Sédrati-Dinet
http://www.unitary-patent.eu/      http://www.april.org/