[A2k] Press release of 7 broadcasting associations on WIPO inter-sessional on the protection of broadcasting organizations

Thirukumaran Balasubramaniam thiru at keionline.org
Mon Apr 15 09:59:29 PDT 2013

PRESS RELEASE
Monday April 15 2013

This statement is released on behalf of the below-mentioned seven regional broadcasting associations, representing more than 2000 broadcasters all over the world. We were happy to participate in the three-day intersessional meeting at WIPO which ended today.We welcome the conclusion by the chair of the meeting, Ms Alexandra Graziola of the Swiss Intellectual Property Office, that good progress was made towards agreeing the terms of a treaty updating the rights of broadcasters in their signals. We look forward to building on this progress at the next meeting of the SCCR later this summer, so as to meet the SCCR's commitment to work towards a Diplomatic Conference in 2014.

ABU, ACT, AIR, AUB-UAR, EBU, NAB, NABA

--

Thiru Balasubramaniam
Geneva Representative