[A2k] Fwd: Announcing Creative Commons United States

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 13:49:05 PDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Carroll <mcarroll at wcl.american.edu>
Date: Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Subject: Announcing Creative Commons United States
To: IP-ENFORCEMENT at roster.wcl.american.edu

Dear Colleagues,

      I'm delighted to announce that the new Creative Commons United States
affiliate, see http://us.creativecommons.org/, is hosted by American
University Washington College of Law's Program on Information Justice and
Intellectual Property (PIJIP).

      The CC affiliate network provides information and events about CC
licensed content in their respective territories.
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CC_Affiliate_Network

       For the past 10 years or so, Creative Commons headquarters has done
double duty as the local affiliate for the U.S., but now we're separating
the functions.  If you happen to be in Washington on October 17th, please
join us for a launch event.

       As you may know, a lot of CC's educational outreach involves first
explaining the terms of use that arise under copyright law and then how CC
licenses alter these terms to broaden the scope of permitted reuses. Like
the other affiliates, we're a volunteer effort and happy to have all the
help we can find. Anyone with an interest in getting involved can let us
know here.  http://creativecommonsus.org/contact

       For those not on vacation, happy remainder of summer!

Best,
Mike

Michael W. Carroll
Professor of Law and Director,
Program on Information Justice and Intellectual Property
American University Washington College of Law
4801 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20016
Office: 202.274.4047

Faculty page: http://www.wcl.american.edu/faculty/mcarroll/
Blog: http://carrollogos.blogspot.com
Creative Commons: http://creativecommons.org
Public Library of Science: http://www.plos.org

--
*Carolina Rossini*
*Project Director, Latin America Resource Center*