[A2k] Modern Poland Foundation: CopyCamp 2013 - call for speakers

Paweł Stankiewicz pawelstankiewicz at nowoczesnapolska.org.pl
Tue Aug 13 03:20:55 PDT 2013

Dear All,

*We are pleased to anounce that we have opened an open call for speakers
at CopyCamp 2013 – the international conference devoted to the subject
of copyright.*

This year, we will talk about copyright in the context of *international
legislation*, we will analyze the copyright system from the perspective
of *researchers* – anthropologists, sociologists and economists. We are
interested in the *language of the international debate* on copyright
and communication within this debate. What is more, we aim at discussing
*practical **and innovative**solutions for the creative sector* as a
step on the path to working out a copyright system that would be
satisfactory to all involved parties.

The special guest of the conference will be *Eben Moglen*, professor of
Law and Legal History at the Columbia University in New York, the
founder and chairman of the Software Freedom Law Center, the long-time
legal counsel to The Free Software Foundation and co-creator (together
with Richard Stallman) of the *GNU GPL licence*.

Everyone who is interested in the subject of copyright and would like to
express their opinion can submit a presentation proposal by *the 27th of
August*. The presentation *summary of**max. 1800 characters*should be
submittedat:http://copycamp.pl/en/contact/register/. On the basis of the
proposal summary, the appointed jury will select about 20 speakers of
this year's CopyCamp. *Please note: yourpresentation should not exceed
*10 minutes*.

Please find more information at: *copycamp.pl/en/*

CopyCamp is part of the Future of Copyright project financed by Trust
for Civil Society in Central and Eastern Europe.

Co-organizer of the conference: Coalition for Open Education.

Partners of the conference: Association of Authors ZAiKS and Google.

Thank you in advance for submitting your proposals!

Kind regards,

--
Paweł Stankiewicz
http://prawokultury.pl/

Modern Poland Foundation
- - -
Fundacja Nowoczesna Polska
ul. Marszałkowska 84/92 lok. 125
00-514 Warszawa
tel./fax: +48 22 621 30 17
e-mail:fundacja at nowoczesnapolska.org.pl
www.nowoczesnapolska.org.pl

Organizacja Pożytku Publicznego
Sąd Rejestrowy dla M.St. Warszawy w Warszawie,
XII Wydział Gospodarczy KRS 0000070056
NIP 952-18-77-087