[A2k] Response to CISAC's challenge to Brazilian new collecting societies' law

Ronaldo Lemos rlemos at fgv.br
Wed Aug 14 09:14:47 PDT 2013

Dear All, as some of you might be following, Brazil has passed
groundbreaking regarding collecting societies, aiming at transparency,
efficiency, and better governance (I process of which I'm proud of having
participated).

However, CISAC has come forward and published a letter responding the the
Brazilian new law.

A response to CISAC's position has been promptly drafted.

So please find attached both CISAC's position letter, and also the Response
to its claim (translated into a few different languages).

If you believe this issue is important, please help us spread the debate
with your contacts and networks.

Best regards,

Ronaldo Lemos