[A2k] Data & Society: Call for Fellows

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 19:00:45 PST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: danah boyd <danah at cyber.law.harvard.edu>
Date: Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Subject: [berkmanfriends] Data & Society: Call for Fellows
To: berkmanfriends at eon.law.harvard.edu

Over the last six months, I’ve been working to create the Data & Society
Research Institute (http://www.datasociety.net/) to address the social,
technical, ethical, legal, and policy issues that are emerging because of
data-centric technological development.  We’re still a few months away from
launching the Institute, but we’re looking to identify the inaugural class
of fellows. If you know innovative thinkers and creators who have a
brilliant idea that needs a good home and are excited by the possibility of
helping shape a new Institute, can you let them know about this opportunity?

DATA & SOCIETY RESEARCH INSTITUTE: CALL FOR FELLOWS

The Data & Society Research Institute is a new think/do tank in New York
City dedicated to addressing social, technical, ethical, legal, and policy
issues that are emerging because of data-centric technological development.

Data & Society is currently looking to assemble its inaugural class of
fellows. The fellowship program is intended to bring together an eclectic
network of researchers, entrepreneurs, activists, policy creators,
journalists, geeks, and public intellectuals who are interested in engaging
one another on the key issues introduced by the increasing availability of
data in society. We are looking for a diverse group of people who can see
both the opportunities and challenges presented by access to data and who
have a vision for a project that can inform the public or shape the future
of society.

Applications for fellowships are due January 24, 2014.  To learn more about
this opportunity, please see the attached PDF or visit our website at
http://www.datasociety.net/

Reminder: emails sent through this list are considered on-record unless
otherwise noted.

--
*Carolina Rossini*
*Project Director, Latin America Resource Center*