[A2k] "CFL en Español" completes six UN languages

Teresa Hackett teresa.hackett at eifl.net
Thu Jul 18 06:16:21 PDT 2013

http://www.eifl.net/news/cfl-en-espanol-completes-six-un-languages

EIFL is delighted to announce a new Spanish version of Copyright for
Librarians (CFL), the online open curriculum on copyright law
developed jointly with Harvard’s Berkman Center for Internet and
Society. “CFL en Español” is based upon Modules 1 to 7 of the
curriculum.

The work to translate CFL into Spanish was carried out by university
lectures Prof. Graciela Dacosta and Prof. Hugo Valanzano from the
School of Library Science, State University of Uruguay. The school
offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses and teaches around 400
students in Library and Archive Studies per year.

“We decided to do the translation because while there are general
materials in Spanish on copyright, there were no resources aimed
especially at library copyright issues. It will be useful for
teaching, and also for graduates seeking updated information on these
important issues. We are grateful to our institution for sponsoring
the translation, and we hope that it will be used by library school
students in Latin America and beyond”, said Prof. Graciela Dacosta.

With the addition of a Spanish version, CFL is now available in the
six official UN working languages - Arabic, Chinese, English, French,
Russian and Spanish - plus Polish, Romanian/Moldovan and Serbian.

We thank Prof. Dacosta and Prof. Valanzano for the initiative and we
hope that “CFL en Español” will be a useful new resource for
librarians and students throughout the Spanish-speaking world.

CFL en Español, http://www.eifl.net/cfl-en-espanol

Visit the CFL homepage with all the translations,
http://www.eifl.net/copyright-for-librarians