[A2k] USA now isolated on TPMS in treaty for blind discussions | Knowledge Ecology International

Jamie Love james.love at keionline.org
Thu Jun 20 09:27:11 PDT 2013

USPTO search says 72 patents in last 10 calendar years.

Results of Search in US Patent Collection db for:
(AN/exxon AND ISD/20030101->20121231): 72 patents.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Sean Andrews
<sean.johnson.andrews at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reports. Does Exxon have a lot of patents to protect? Trying
> to get my head around why it would have such a presence in the IPOA.
>
> Hypotheses:
> - patents for tech (explicitly stated in the letter)
> - Trade secret protections keep them from having to reveal fracking
> chemicals and other spills e.g.
> http://www.nola.com/environment/index.ssf/2012/12/exxonmobil_baton_rouge_leak.html
>
> I know they aren't the only company in the IPOA, but it seems curious they
> would be so concerned with the treaty.
>
> There has been a lot of attention to their letter here in the states: how
> important are they in the negotiations?
>

> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 6:02 AM, Jamie Love <james.love at keionline.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> http://keionline.org/node/1756

> --
> Sean Johnson Andrews
> sean.johnson.andrews at gmail.com
> Assistant Professor of Cultural Studies
> Columbia College, Chicago
> 2011-2013 ACLS Public Fellow
> Director of Shared Libraries
> The National Institute for Technology in Liberal Education
> http://www.nitle.org | tel. 703-597-6948 | fax 512 819-7684
> iChat: sandrews at nitle.org | skype: jnskolja | twitter: @skja76

http://www.keionline.org, +1.202.332.2670, US Mobile: +1.202.361.3040,
Geneva Mobile: +41.76.413.6584, efax: +1.888.245.3140.
twitter.com/jamie_love