[A2k] USPTO Announces Easy Way To Stay Informed on Copyright Green Paper Work

Manon Ress manon.ress at keionline.org
Thu Nov 21 08:44:35 PST 2013

QUOTE: The United States Patent & Trademark Office is pleased to announce
the creation of a subscription feed to keep you informed of our work on
copyright policy.

You can sign up to be added to the feed
here<http://enews.uspto.gov/lists/?p=subscribe&id=1>,
by selecting “Copyright Alerts.” In the coming weeks and months, we will be
using the feed to distribute information about the work we’re doing at the
USPTO and within the Department of Commerce to examine critical digital
copyright policy issues.

This work arises out of the Department of Commerce’s Green Paper on *Copyright
Policy, Creativity, and Innovation In the Digital
Economy*<http://www.uspto.gov/news/publications/copyrightgreenpaper.pdf>,
which was published in July. On December 12, 2013, we are holding a public
meeting <http://www.uspto.gov/news/pr/2013/13-27.jsp> to discuss the
copyright policy issues that we highlighted in the Green Paper for further
work by the Department of Commerce. The public meeting will be divided into
a series of panels focused on each of the 5 topics identified in the Green
Paper. We hope that the meeting will serve as the start of the next phase
of discussions on these important issues, and there will be further
opportunities for public engagement on each one. Please
RSVP<https://www.signup4.net/Public/ap.aspx?EID=IPTF23E>for the
meeting and join us for a lively discussion on 12/12.

--
Manon Ress, Ph.D.
Knowledge Ecology International, KEI