[A2k] Please sign on: Fast track/TPP letter to US Congressional Committees

Maira Sutton maira at eff.org
Thu Oct 3 12:28:04 PDT 2013

Hey there,

We have drafted a letter to the heads of US Congressional committees asking them to oppose fast track authority with a particular focus on the intellectual property chapter and its copyright enforcement provisions. We have purposefully made it a simple, straightforward letter, hoping to get sign-ons from organizations that may not have signed on to the other fast-track letter that went around over a month ago which did not touch upon any of the IP/digital rights implications of TPP (we were unfortunately one of the orgs that could not for that reason). Even if your organization did sign on to the other fast track letter, we of course welcome your endorsement on this one as well.

This is US-focused, but it would be great to have as many international organizations' on this as possible to demonstrate that we are strongly aligned on these issues globally.

Please look it over and let me know if your organization sign on.

Best,
Maira

--
Maira Sutton
Global Policy Analyst
maira at eff.org
Tel: 415.436.9333 x175

:: Defending Freedom in the Digital World ::