[A2k] [Ip-health] WTO TRIPS Council: Intervention of India on Article 66.2

Michael H Davis m.davis at csuohio.edu
Mon Oct 14 07:48:17 PDT 2013

There are, in my opinion, two things that are desperately needed to ward off the very worst of IP consequences (all of it is bad but some are worse than others). First, repeal TRIPS. Second, repeal Bayh-Dole. The notion, according to you, that they are expanding internationally is too discouraging to ponder. Bayh Dole was truly a fraud on the public. Now it is becoming a fraud on the world.

Mickey Davis

Seth Johnson <seth.p.johnson at gmail.com> wrote:

I suspect that I'm right, and India and other developing countries
should be leery of rationalizing this approach to things.

I think it's time for the A2K folks to take a new look at things with
reference to the World Summit for the Information Society, and how
telecom policy is developing.  You may be seeing more from me on this
soon.

Seth