[A2k] Intergroup on Common goods and public services at EP

Gaelle Krikorian gaelle.krikorian at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 23:33:08 PST 2014

Dear Silke,

I fully agree with you on the difference between Commons and Common goods. We actually had a discussion about this in one of the meetings ahead of the negotiations to create the intergroups with the MEPs who wanted the creation of an intergroup on the Commons. But I am afraid that then this seemed probably like a detail for MEPs in the context of the negotiations between all the political groups at the parliament to decide what would be the 30 and something intergroups.
The fact that the issue of « public services » was added was most probably a compromise because there was not enough support to keep the Intergroup on public services that already existed while creating a new one on the Commons. A lot of the people who wanted one also wanted the other. Or some people got support for one agreeing to support the other. You know, negotiations…So, that’s not ideal but all this can be discussed and addressed once the intergroup starts to be operational.

Best,

Gaelle