[A2k] Paid Internship positions at KEI

Claire Cassedy claire.cassedy at keionline.org
Fri Mar 14 07:00:02 PDT 2014

http://keionline.org/internship

There are year-round internship opportunities at KEI, at our Washington, DC
and Geneva offices.

These are both paid and unpaid positions. Currently the KEI DC offices has
two internship positions available that offer a $1500 per month stipend,
and health insurance.

To apply or arrange a call to discuss an internship, send a short note
explaining why you would like to work with KEI, and attach a resume and a
writing sample to: internships at keionline.org.

Paid Internship positions at KEI

Knowledge Ecology International (KEI) is a non-profit organization that
focuses on human rights and social dimensions of knowledge governance. Our
web page (http://www.keionline.org) provides extensive background on our
operations. We maintain offices in Washington, DC and in Geneva
Switzerland, and are engaged in a number of initiatives, disputes and
negotiations involving intellectual property rights, innovation, and other
aspects of the production, management and governance of knowledge resources.

KEI has openings for two paid internship positions. The time period for the
internship position would be a short as three months, or as long as one
year. The compensation is $1,500 per month, plus health insurance.

The responsibilities will be subject to negotiation, and may include,
depending upon the skills and interests of the person applying for the
internship, the following:

(1) Development, including funding raising, as well as managing grants and
contracts.
(2) Research. KEI does policy relevant research on a wide range of topics,
as is evident from our web page, and the work could involve taking a lead
or a supportive role in studies about drug development costs, intellectual
property licensing terms, the revolving door between industry and
government, examining regulatory barriers to the introduction of affordable
medicines, documenting compulsory licensing cases, modeling medical
innovation prizes, or dozens of other possible topics.
(3) Web page development, and possibly the design of user generated
databases, such as one for data on pharmaceutical drugs.
(4) Organizing conferences or other events.
(5) Public relations, including working with journalists, or preparing
brochures, posters, and other communications materials.
(5) Miscellaneous.

Travel: It will be a positive if the person is available for for both
domestic and international travel.

Location: The position in in our Washington, DC office, in the Dupont
Circle area.

We are able to accommodate a fairly flexible work schedule, up to a point,
and are generous as regards vacation time or personal days off.

To apply, send an email message to internships at keionline.org, with (1) a
short note explaining why you are interested in the job (2) your resume,
and (3) a short writing sample.