[A2k] EIFL draft law on copyright revised and updated

Amelia Andersdotter amelia at andersdotter.cc
Tue Nov 18 08:30:27 PST 2014

Dear all,

This is just a matter of inquiry. In the European Commission summary of
copyright consultation responses[1], the European Commission
specifically points to many European end-consumers and private citizens
proposing a text similar to the one presented at copyrightcode.eu[2], an
older project by a group of legal scholars referring to themselves as
the Wittem Group.

Could the EIFL in its continued work on draft laws try to harmonize or
converge with the text of coprightcode.eu? This would allow for
end-consumers/private persons and librarians to point in approximately
the same direction (simplicity, comprehension), while considerable
amounts of flexibility could be introduced into the copyright framework.

[1]
http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/consultations/2013/copyright-rules/docs/contributions/consultation-report_en.pdf

[2] http://copyrightcode.eu/

Best regards,