[A2k] Republique Citoyenne & others' reaction to misuse of citizen causes (by some shady think tank)

Manon Ress manon.ress at keionline.org
Wed Oct 8 10:54:12 PDT 2014

QUOTE: At a time where open government, participation, co-design... are
becoming more popular in our countries, we want to share our concern about
the raise of instrumental use of great citizen
causes to serve smart, powerful, and hidden interests.

Republique Citoyenne just co-signed, with several other French civil
society organizations (Open Knowledge Foundation France, La Quadrature du
Net, SavoirsCom1, Framasoft, Libertic, Creative Commons France and April),
a statement to react to the so-called "Preliminary Declaration of the
Digital Human Rights" (http://www.ddhn.org/index-en.php)
by Forum d'Avignon (a French Think Tank which aims at reinforcing
copyright) which creates dangerous confusion between personal data and
creative work.

dangerously mistakes personal data and creative work - See more at:
http://fr.okfn.org/2014/10/08/a-unilateral-declaration-of-the-digital-human-rights-dangerously-mistakes-personal-data-and-creative-work/#sthash.kxTmtLOb.dpuf

dangerously mistakes personal data and creative work - See more at:
http://fr.okfn.org/2014/10/08/a-unilateral-declaration-of-the-digital-human-rights-dangerously-mistakes-personal-data-and-creative-work/#sthash.kxTmtLOb.dpuf

For people who can read French, you can have a look to our common
declaration + complementary remarks by République Citoyenne about lobbying
techniques used to appear legitimate to citizens :

http://republiquecitoyenne.fr/contestation-collective-declaration-droits-homme-numerique-forum-avignon/

For English-only readers, the statement can be read on OKF's blog (
http://fr.okblogfarm.org/?p=1189).

*République Citoyenne*
Site web : republiquecitoyenne.fr
Courriel : coordination at republiquecitoyenne.fr