[A2k] Who leaked about Juncker and Malmström fighting over ISDS?

Ante Wessels ante at ffii.org
Tue Oct 21 11:28:42 PDT 2014

I understand European Parliament groups want clarity from Juncker on his position on investor-to-state dispute settlement before tomorrow's vote on the new Commission. Will the internal fight be solved before that?

For background:

Who leaked about Juncker and Malmström fighting over ISDS?
http://acta.ffii.org/?p=2257
with links

Posted on October 21, 2014 by Ante

Last week the Dutch newspaper NRC revealed a fight between Juncker and Malmström over ISDS. The article sketched the context: uninformed activists gaining influence. The article suggested Juncker without good reason giving in.

As Juncker does not gain anything with this leak about the fight, I assume proponents of ISDS leaked, and had the ear of the reporter, so they could sketch the context. The newspaper did not give civil society a rebuttal: very bad journalism, endangering our democracy.

Vrijschrift reaction, in Dutch, the NRC did not want to publish.

See also the Statement of Concern about Planned Provisions on Investment Protection and Investor-State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) in the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) published by over 110 scientists.

And CETA: ISDS does not observe the separation of powers