[A2k] WTO TRIPS Council June 2015: Norway's statement on Non-Violation and Situation Complaints

Thiru Balasubramaniam thiru at keionline.org
Thu Jun 18 01:00:15 PDT 2015

http://keionline.org/node/2253

Norway delivered the following statement on non-violation and situation
complaints at the June 2015 meeting of the WTO TRIPS Council.

As delivered

TRIPS COUNCIL MEETING 9 AND 10 JUNE 2015

6. NON-VIOLATION AND SITUATION COMPLAINTS

Statement by Norway

***

   - We would like to join the overwhelming majority of members that have
   intervened today.
   - In our view, non-violation and situation complaints should not be
   applicable to the TRIPS Agreement. We therefore favour a ministerial
   decision to this effect in Nairobi. Should no consensus on such decision be
   reached, the Ministerial Conference should extend the present moratorium.