[A2k] International CopyCamp Conference 2015 - Open Call for Speakers

Paulina Ołtusek paulinaoltusek at nowoczesnapolska.org.pl
Tue Jun 23 04:47:10 PDT 2015

Dear Madam/Sir,*

*The Modern Poland Foundation is pleased to launch an *Open Call for
Speakers* at the *IV International CopyCamp Conference taking place on
November 4, 2015 in Warsaw.*

*Open Call Deadline: July 20, 2015*

The International CopyCamp Conference is the first Central-and-Eastern
European annual event to undertake a multi-sided, balanced and
unrestrained discussion on *the social impacts of copyright. *Every year
representatives of cultural institutions and private sector,
administration and the media, artists, activists, politicians and
academics meet in Warsaw to discuss the influence of copyright law on
the circulation of cultural goods, new business models for authors'
remuneration, use of technologies in social activism, importance of
copyright in the context of human rights, modern education, innovation.
The fourth edition of the conference will present an opportunity to
continue the dynamic debate characterized by high standards of
communication and openness to the input from all interested parties in a
neutral and friendly conference space encouraging participants from all
over the world to network and share ideas.

We are happy to announce that our special guest this year will be *Lev
Manovich,* theoretician and critic of new media, visual artist,
professor at City University of New York and founder of the Software
Studies Initiative, author of the worldwide known book /The Language of
New Media/.

Presentation proposals must be submitted in the form of an *abstract of
**no more than 1800 characters* under one of the enlisted thematic
tracks that characterize this year’s conference:

  * CopyArt
  * Models of Remuneration
  * Copyright and Education
  * Technology and Innovation
  * Copyright and Human Rights
  * Technologies in social activism
  * Copyright Enforcement
  * Future of Copyright
  * Copyright Debate

Submit your proposal at: https://copycamp.pl/en/contact/register-speaker/.
*Please note: *your presentation should not exceed 10 minutes. *

Please find more information at: http://copycamp.pl/en/

Strategic Partners: Association of Authors ZAiKS, Samsung and Google.
Partner: Coalition for Open Education.
CopyCamp is part of the Future of Copyright project conducted by the
Modern Poland Foundation.

CopyCamp Coordinator: Marta Skotnicka
(marta.skotnicka at nowoczesnapolska.org.pl)

We would be grateful for spreading this information among your
colleagues and associates!

Best regards,

--
Pozdrawiam,
Paulina Ołtusek

Fundacja Nowoczesna Polska
ul. Marszałkowska 84/92 lok. 125
00-514 Warszawa
tel./fax: +48 22 621 30 17
e-mail:fundacja at nowoczesnapolska.org.pl
www.nowoczesnapolska.org.pl

Organizacja Pożytku Publicznego
Sąd Rejestrowy dla M.St. Warszawy w Warszawie,
XII Wydział Gospodarczy
KRS 0000070056, NIP 952-18-77-087