[A2k] Intergroup on Commons of EP: meeting April 1, Brussels

gaelle krikorian gaelle.krikorian at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 03:04:23 PST 2015

Dear all,

I would like to inform you that we (finally) have a date for the meeting of the Intergroup on Commons with civil society: it will take place on April 1, from 2 to 5pm in Brussels, at the Bozar (Palais des Beaux Arts, Rue Ravenstein 23, 1000 Bruxelles).

One of the reasons why it took so long to set a date is because since recently new (and hopefully temporary) security measures at the European Parliament prevent MEPs from getting groups of visitors inside of the buildings. We therefore had to find a space outside of the Parliament.

Bozar and the Goethe Institute are organizing a We-Traders event in Brussels (http://www.bozar.be/activity.php?id=15684&lng=en) between Thursday 05.03 and Sunday 12.04.2015. They offered us the space we needed to hold the meeting of the Intergroup which made it possible to set a date.

The purpose of this meeting is for the MEPs members of the Intergroup on Commons to get a chance to hear from civil society actors what are the issues or initiatives that could be promoted or supported at the level of the EP. The meeting will also give us the opportunity to expose from the point of view of MEPs and staff how the Intergroup can help give a higher profil to the issue of the Commons within the institution but also how it can practically help incorporate the issue in the context of the work of parliamentary committees.

If you are planning to come don’t hesitate to let me know (so that we can have an idea of how many people we will be).

Best,

Gaelle

---

Gaëlle Krikorian
Adviser on Intellectual Property and Access to Knowledge
Greens/EFA Group
European Parliament

gaelle.krikorian at europarl.europa.eu

Tel office Bxl: +32 2 284 2586