[A2k] Tech Transfer re Urban Dev: Fwd: Contribute to UN report on Higher Education for Sustainable Urban Development

Seth Johnson seth.p.johnson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 23:07:37 PDT 2016

It's very easy to take existing academic projects (of any kind) and frame
them this way.  Just be sure to stress outcomes being not private.  That
is, state that fact.  Perhaps state that they have not been privatized.
That's the point, to reverse the forces turning the UN's tech transfer
thrust into privatization (as they have since the latter 1970's), by
assuring this report reflects initiatives that project the publicness of
their fruits.  If you have an open access journal, it should be easy to
take existing rationale/purpose texts and foreground their publicness in
the entry fields they provide.  Be redundant on the point, responding to
the different descriptors they ask for with the same point in different
ways.  Don't go overboard, but make sure this characteristic is foremost
and foregrounded.  If you publish any information at all, even if it's not
under open access licenses, you can still state that the information is
published and available to public use (as facts/ideas/fair use).  This
means nearly any academic pursuit can be represented this way, that can
relate to improvement of the urban environment, with this point
foregrounded.  You can say you're publicly funded.  If you produce anything
at all that's not privatized (even if only as yet), you can state the
outputs are public fruits.  Maybe you produce software -- if it's BSD or
GPL you can state as much.