[A2k] Fair Use/Fair Dealing Week 2016 logistics and information

Krista Cox krista at arl.org
Wed Jan 6 13:10:54 PST 2016

Hi All,

Just wanted to make sure that Fair Use/Fair Dealing Week is still on your
radar!  Fair Use/Fair Dealing Week 2016 will take place from February
22-26, 2016.

*Participating Orgs: *If you're planning to participate this year, please
let me know!  You can see that we had an excellent group of participating
organizations and institutions last year:
http://fairuseweek.org/participating-organizations/  We've already started
updating the list for 2016, so make sure you let me know if you have
something planned (even if you don't know what it is).

*Calendar of Events: *On that note, once you have your event scheduled,
please let me know so we can get it up on the calendar of events (this is
the place for special releases of resources, workshops, panels, lectures,
etc...).  You can see last year's calendar here:
http://fairuseweek.org/calendar/

*Blog posts and other submissions: *
If you want to submit a blog post during Fair Use Week or submit resources,
you can use this link or send me an email: http://fairuseweek.org/submit/

The level of participation in Fair Use Week is entirely up to each
participant.  Some will publish a blog post on fair use on one day during
the week, while others might host multiple events throughout the week.
Below are some examples of ways to participate in Fair Use Week:

   - Write a blog post on fair use/fair dealing
   - Publish an op-ed
   - Host a live panel on fair use/fair dealing
   - Host a webcast/webinar or talk
   - Create a video about fair use/fair dealing
   - Publicize fair use/fair dealing using the hashtag #fairuseweek2016
   - Writing to your Member of Congress emphasizing the importance of fair
   use and how you, your members, or institution/organization rely on fair use
   - Create resources (comic books, podcasts, infographics, etc.) or share
   existing resources (see: http://fairuseweek.org/resources/ for a great
   collection of resources from last year)

These are just some examples of what people have done in the past.

I'm looking forward to Fair Use/Fair Dealing Week 2016!  Please let me know
if you have any questions.

All best,
Krista

--