[A2k] Our right to knowledge: UNDP report recognizes EIFL role

Teresa Hackett teresa.hackett at eifl.net
Fri Jan 29 02:49:25 PST 2016

UNDP report: partnership between domestic organizations and EIFL
contributed to ratification of the Marrakesh Treaty in Mongolia

A recent report by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
<http://www.undp.org/> and the World Blind Union – Asia Pacific (WBUAP)
<http://www.wbuap.org/> recognizes the contribution of domestic
organizations and international partners, such as EIFL, in advancing
efforts towards ratification of the Marrakesh Treaty for persons with print
disabilities.

This is a key finding in a case study on Mongolia, that ratified the treaty
in 2015, one of three countries featured in the report where ratification
is complete or advanced (the others are India, that ratified in 2014, and
Thailand that has introduced national legislation).

‘Our right to knowledge: Legal reviews for the ratification of the
Marrakesh Treaty for persons with print disabilities in Asia and the
Pacific’
<http://www.asia-pacific.undp.org/content/rbap/en/home/library/democratic_governance/hiv_aids/our-right-to-knowledge--legal-reviews-for-the-ratification-of-th.html>
also provides technical guidance for six countries – Cambodia, China, Fiji,
Indonesia, Nepal and Viet Nam - on legal reforms to facilitate the
ratification process and to take full advantage of the Marrakesh Treaty.

Read the full story here:
http://www.eifl.net/news/our-right-knowledge-undp-report-recognizes-eifl-role