[A2k] Chile becomes the 17th ratification

Denise Nicholson Denise.Nicholson at wits.ac.za
Fri May 13 01:21:04 PDT 2016

Hi,

Great.  Still trying to get South Africa to ratify!!   Just told Pragashnie Adurthy from the Permanent SA Mission at Geneva, who is at SCCR now, that we urgently need to ratify Marrakesh Treaty to enable accessibility to works in other countries.  Told her it is prejudicing blind and visually impaired persons in SA and affecting their access to information, etc. Even if we have some of the Treaty provisions in our new Copyright Bill, they won't be able to benefit from cross-border exchange of accessible formats without ratifying the Treaty.

Regards
Denise