[A2k] The Marrakesh Treaty: EIFL FAQs

Teresa Hackett teresa.hackett at eifl.net
Thu Jan 12 07:18:35 PST 2017

http://www.eifl.net/news/marrakesh-treaty-eifl-faqs

EIFL has compiled a set of FAQs on common questions concerning
implementation of the Marrakesh Treaty for persons with print disabilities

EIFL was an active participant during negotiations over five years at the
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) that led to the adoption of
the Marrakesh Treaty for persons with print disabilities on 27th June 2013,
and its subsequent entry into force on 30th September 2016.

Now EIFL is supporting ratification of the Marrakesh Treaty and its
implementation into national law. Based on our experience, we have compiled
brief information on a selection of questions that commonly arise
concerning the process and substance of ratification and implementation.
<http://www.eifl.net/resources/implementation-marrakesh-treaty-eifl-faqs>

The frequently asked questions (FAQs)
<http://www.eifl.net/resources/implementation-marrakesh-treaty-eifl-faqs>
include the process of joining the treaty, budgetary implications, the role
of authorized entities and record-keeping.

We hope the FAQs are useful to librarians and policy-makers. If there are
other questions, please contact EIFL Copyright and Libraries Programme
Manager, Teresa Hackett: teresa.hackett AT eifl.net

Read the frequently asked questions (FAQs).
<http://www.eifl.net/resources/implementation-marrakesh-treaty-eifl-faqs>

Read about EIFL’s work advocating for the Marrakesh Treaty
<http://www.eifl.net/eifl-in-action/right-read>.

http://www.eifl.net/news/marrakesh-treaty-eifl-faqs