[A2k] Copyright and Trade Statement

Sean Flynn sflynn at wcl.american.edu
Tue Nov 7 07:32:43 PST 2017

Copyright experts —

Please consider signing the expert statement on copyright balance and trade, drafted at the AUWCL Workshop on NAFTA and the Digital Environment October 30-31, 2018.

This version is open for comment as well as signature at:

Statement on NAFTA http://tiny.cc/NAFTA2017

We will release the statement on November 16, at the opening of the next closed round of the NAFTA IP chapter negotiations in Mexico.

The declaration was drafted on the occasion of our release of the first round of results from our empirical project studying the positive impact of copyright user rights on innovation and creativity, available at

New research http://infojustice.org/flexible-use

Sean Flynn
Director, LLM in Intellectual Property
Associate Director, Professorial Lecturer in Residence, Program on Information Justice and Intellectual Property
American University Washington College of Law