[A2k] Equalizing relations between CMOs and libraries

Teresa Hackett teresa.hackett at eifl.net
Fri Sep 7 05:06:17 PDT 2018

Key issues remain in WIPO’s updated draft Good Practice Toolkit for
Collective Management Organizations (CMOs)

EIFL teamed up with IFLA (International Federation of Library Associations
and Institutions) and ICA (International Council on Archives) to submit
additional comments to WIPO on the updated draft Good Practice Toolkit for
Collective Management Organizations (CMOs).

We welcome the opportunity to send further comments to WIPO and appreciate
that a number of concerns expressed in the previous consultation were taken
into account in the updated version. However important issues remain
outstanding and unless they can be addressed, our sector may not be in a
position to recommend the Toolkit to the library and archive communities.

Read more: http://www.eifl.net/news/equalizing-relations-between-
cmos-and-libraries