[A2k] Transplanting fair use

Sean Flynn sflynn at wcl.american.edu
Tue Sep 22 12:36:43 PDT 2020

PIJIP cordially invites you to our next User Rights Network seminar.
Niva Elkin-Koren, Neil Weinstock Netanel, and Peter Yu
September 25, 2020 | 9:30am EST Registration (Required)
https://www.wcl.american.edu/impact/initiatives-programs/pijip/events/transplanting-fair-use/
 After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

ABSTRACT:
The South African President recently sent a Copyright Amendment Bill back to Parliament, including a reservation that it's proposed "hybrid" fair use right with specific exceptions would violate the international 3-step test. The rejection of the Bill was motivated in part by US industry and official opposition. In this event, we will feature public presentations of scholars from the Global Expert Network on Copyright User Rights that examine the trend toward hybrid fair use exceptions and the premises of US industry and government opposition.

Sean Michael Fiil-Flynn
Professorial Lecturer and Director
Program on Information Justice and Intellectual Property
American University Washington College of Law
PIJIP news and views: www.pijip.org<http://www.pijip.org/>; https://twitter.com/WCL_PIJIP
Editor in Chief, www.infojustice.org<http://www.infojustice.org/>
Personal Twitter https://twitter.com/Sean_Fiil_Flynn