[Ip-health] HIF newsletter summary
ahollis at ucalgary.ca
Tue Dec 7 07:47:02 PST 2010
The latest Health Impact Fund newsletter includes
* comments on the USPTO proposal, specially focusing on the importance of having a meaningful measure of humanitarian impact
* a summary of some recent presentations on the HIF
* update on media publications, including in Luxemburger Wort, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Buenos-Aires Clarin, and Mexico City El Universal.
* a discussion of a Framework Convention on Global Health
* an article on the relevance of the HIF approach to innovation more broadly.
The team continues to explore possibilities for running a pilot in which a firm would be rewarded based on measured health impact for the sale of a drug in a country.
The newsletter is at
You can subscribe directly at
There is more information on the Health Impact Fund proposal at www.healthimpactfund.org
Professor of Economics
University of Calgary, 2500 University Dr NW Calgary AB T2N 1N4 Canada
tel: +1 403 220 5861 fax: +1 403 220 5861
email: ahollis at ucalgary.ca
Incentives for Global Health
More information about the Ip-health