[Ip-health] NIH March-In Petition Press Release

James Love james.love at keionline.org
Tue Dec 7 13:06:20 PST 2010

Actually, five groups petitioned DHHS to expand the issues, and consider
the use of the NIH's royalty free rights in the invention.
(http://goo.gl/NsObd) And, I received this communication this afternoon
from the NIH:

The only way NIH could use its government use license "to facilitate
entry by competitors" would be to issue a contract to manufacture
agalsidase for the purpose of distributing an FDA approved product to
patients.  NIH will not be doing that.

Jamie