[Ip-health] Watch Out Big Pharma: PATH, WHO Show that Nonprofits Can Develop New Meningitis Vaccine

Biotech. Info. Inst. biotech at biopharma.com
Fri Dec 10 09:54:06 PST 2010

PATH is referred to as a "little nonprofit"?   However, PATH states:
"In a little more than a decade, our revenue has increased from less than $20 million to more than $250 million...In 2009, our total revenue was $256,592,000."

The development, manufacture and deployment of MenAfriVac is a major achievement for any organization, whether a country, company or nonprofit organization.  PATH is definitely a major vaccine player and by no means should be called "little."  In fact, is there any other organization, whether country, company or nonprofit, that is more of a major player than PATH in the development and deployment of vaccines in the international (vs. Western) markets?

Ronald A. Rader
President
Biotechnology Information Institute
1700 Rockville Pike, Suite 400