[Ip-health] PhD Scholarship - Pharmaceuticals in the Global South
hans.lofgren at deakin.edu.au
Tue Jul 13 16:19:08 PDT 2010
Deakin University, Australia, in collaboration with the University of Hyderabad, India, is offering a PhD scholarship for a student based at the University of Hyderabad.
The research question addressed in this PhD dissertation shall relate to the role of the pharmaceutical industry and access to appropriate and affordable medicines in the 'global South'.
The research project shall have a public policy orientation. The candidate is expected to make a contribution through this dissertation to the international policy debate on the gap between developed and developing countries in the pharmaceutical sector and the challenge of equitable access to appropriate and affordable medicines.
Applicants must be Indian citizens. They may be living in India or elsewhere, but must be willing and prepared, during the period of candidature, to be based at the University of Hyderabad.
The scholarship is available for a period of 3 years initially and is extendable for six months if required.
The successful applicant will:
* be enrolled as a Deakin PhD candidate
* receive a tuition fee scholarship worth over AUD 75,000 towards the Deakin PhD tuition fee and a generous annual stipend
* be supported by a principal supervisor, and an associate supervisor, from Deakin University, and a member of the doctoral committee from the University of Hyderabad
* be provided with the support and facilities normally made available to PhD students in the Department of the University of Hyderabad where the student is based
* make three visits to Deakin's Melbourne campus during the period of candidature, for which travel and living expenses shall be provided by Deakin University
* the last of these three visits, towards the end of the candidature, will be up to six months
For further details, please see http://www.deakin.edu.au/arts-ed/icg/events/conferences/pharma-conf10.php
Dr Hans Lofgren
Senior Lecturer, Associate Head (Research), School of International and Political Studies
Faculty of Arts and Education, 221 Burwood Highway, Burwood Victoria 3125, Australia.
Phone: 03 9244 3969 International: +61 3 9244 3969
Fax: 03 9244 6755 International: +61 3 9244 6755
Email: hans.lofgren at deakin.edu.au<mailto:hans.lofgren at deakin.edu.au>
<http://www.deakin.edu.au/>Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code 00113B (Vic)
Pharmaceuticals in Developing and Emerging Economies:
Production, Innovation, and Access to Medicines in the wake of TRIPS
Friday 17 September - Sunday 19 September 2010
Venue: University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India
Important Notice: The contents of this email are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and any attachments immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone.
Deakin University does not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.
More information about the Ip-health